About me...

Pop the lid on my Mason Jar and meet my family. Jim {Jimma} and I have four kids, Creston (Ashley), Jami (Matt), Brandon and Chance. Our grandkids, Cade, Kirby, Eisley, Beck and Reed bring us more joy than any Mason Jar could ever hold. I am counting my blessings over and over and thanking God for His amazing love and grace.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Oh my goodness, what goodness!!!

I just tried this recipe tonight and they have to be the lightest, fluffiest, most melt-in-your-mouth biscuits ever, bar none! And, they’re super easy to make, which makes them my kind of recipe!

Whipped Cream Biscuits

2 cups cake flour
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 425. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Beat the cream just until it holds soft peaks. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add the whipped cream. Stir briskly with a wooden spoon, just until the dough pulls together in a uniform, shaggy mass.

Turn the dough onto a floured work surface. Knead 4 or 5 times, then pat into thickness 3/4 inch. Using a small biscuit or circle, cut into rounds and place on ungreased baking sheet, leaving a little space between them. Reroll and cut any scraps. Bake until light golden, about 15 to 16 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment