About me...

Pop the lid on my Mason Jar and meet my family. Jim {Jimma} and I have four kids, Creston (Ashley), Jami (Matt), Brandon and Chance. Our grandkids, Cade, Kirby, Eisley, Beck and Reed bring us more joy than any Mason Jar could ever hold. I am counting my blessings over and over and thanking God for His amazing love and grace.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Sesame Christmas Cookies

I probably got this recipe 20 years ago and it's been a favorite cookie recipe of mine ever since. This is one of those recipes that doesn't require a lot of ingredients, is fast and easy to make, looks pretty and is "melt in your mouth" yummy!

Sesame Christmas Cookies

1 cup margarine
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
sesame seeds
strawberry or raspberry preserves (I prefer raspberry)

Cream together the first five ingredients. Shape into small balls and roll in sesame seeds. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Make thumb print in center of balls and fill with strawberry preserves. Bake 400 for 10-12 minutes. My oven bakes slow and takes about 17 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment