About me...

Pop the lid on my Mason Jar and meet my family. Jim {Jimma} and I have four kids, Creston (Ashley), Jami (Matt), Brandon and Chance. Our grandkids, Cade, Kirby, Eisley, Beck and Reed bring us more joy than any Mason Jar could ever hold. I am counting my blessings over and over and thanking God for His amazing love and grace.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Recent happenings that made my heart smile!

*** It didn’t take long for Pat to claim me as a member of her family. We used to talk about being sisters in Christ, but she thought of me as her earthly sister as well. Several times one of the medical staff would come in her room to evaluate her and ask if I was her family member. I always said, “No” while Pat was shaking her head “Yes” the whole time. I couldn’t help but smile when she did this, knowing the hospital didn’t consider “love like a sister” as being a family member. In the short time I knew her, I don’t think I could have loved her more, had she been my sister. So you can imagine how honored I felt when I was listed in Pat’s obituary and funeral program, as her “adopted sister.” No doubt she would have loved it just as much as I did!

*** Because he was ADHD with learning disabilities, our son Brandon, struggled through his school years. After high school he attended a couple of college courses, dropped out and moved to Texas. I was more than a little concerned about his future, but he got a job at a hospital in Dallas and has done very well. He called me recently to tell me that he had gotten the “Service Excellence Award” for the third time! He is the first person in his division to ever get the award three times in one year! He was also chosen as “Employee of the Month” for February. As he said, “Who would have thought that the kid with ADHD, who struggled in school would be doing so well!” As you can imagine, I am beyond proud of him!

*** Eight years ago, Jim and I were very supportive of a young couple we knew whose two year old daughter Lyla, was battling leukemia. Our hearts went out to them and we did what little we could, to help them through that difficult time, and after when she passed away.

A couple of days ago, Lyla’s dad called. He said he had some good news for us. He and his wife are expecting baby #5 and it’s their first boy! Because of all our love and support, they are naming him “Mason” after our last name! Yep, I cried and then I smiled when Ryan told me his “good news!”

*** And for the grand finale - Our oldest grandson turned 10 years old today. On his wish list he wrote, “Jim and Molly come for a visit.” Melt my heart little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment